Thursday, May 5, 2011

Long time, no update.

So, I haven't updated in a loooong time. Life has been crazy.

In January, we put an offer in on an AMAZING house. It's a three bedroom, in a great neighborhood, kept up beautifully, has original woodwork, basically everything we wanted. Our offer was accepted (yay!) and we were on our way to becoming homeowners. We were so excited to get out of this tiny apartment and give our daughter a HOUSE.

On February 13th, Chris was admitted into the hospital. He went because his head was hurting so bad he couldn't think straight and was vomiting. We were originally told that it was meningitis. On the 14th, his speech degraded so much that he wasn't making any sense. Things just got worse from there. We found out a few days later that it was a very deadly form of encephalitis (a brain infection). He started improving, but had major problems, like zero energy, memory loss, confusion, and word searching. We weren't sure if he'd ever work again. Obviously, we withdrew our offer on our dream house.

Chris eventually came home on the 26th of February. He had a PICC line in (a tube going from his arm directly to his heart, for the purpose of administering medications) that I needed to use to give him IV medication three times a day. He had a bit over two weeks of this, his last day on the IV was my 25th birthday. Chris spent a few more weeks at home recovering, and we found out that he was getting so much better. He went back to work, and as of right now, he is doing GREAT. He still has some problems remembering things, but he writes things down and he's doing just fine. He is off all medications, no evidence of seizures!

That brings us to where we are now. We put another offer in on the dream house when Chris went back to work. When he was in the hospital, I missed one payment on his student loan. That missed payment tanked his credit so low that we weren't approved for a loan anymore. Thankfully, I made a tearful call to the loan company (with the help of Vada, who I made cry for the dramatics), they took the claim off of his credit report.

SO. We are hopefully closing on our house a week from tomorrow. After a really crappy year so far, something good will happen (we hope!). We deserve this. Vada deserves this.

This whole year has really proven to me how much I love my husband. I can't believe I did all that I did and didn't break. I am so proud of him and myself for being so tough. Bad things happen, but when they do, it really shows you who you are and who is there for you. My mom stepped up in a big way to make sure I had the help I needed. She watched Vada every day for me so that I could spend time alone with Chris. I am so lucky to have such an amazing and giving mother.

1 comment:

  1. You guys really do deserve this. I hadn't heard about the issues with the credit and the loan, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to work it out. Just remember - all three of you are alive and healthy and things can only get better from here!

    ReplyDelete