Friday, September 10, 2010

Long time no write

Sorry guys, I haven't written in a while. I've been SO TIRED lately. Vada has had a pretty messed up sleep schedule, and I've been getting up with her a bit more than usual. That and the fact that this girl will not nap during the day. So no naps for me. Boo.

So I was trying to think of fun things that we could do as a family that would either be low cost or free. I decided to look into geocaching. That is when you get a list of clues, decipher them, and find a cache. It could contain items for trade, little surprises, or just a list where you write down that you found it. The clues are always coordinates. So the one we did today had 4 stages, the first was this:

Stage 1: “Ocean of Life”
Located at N42 44.824 W084 32.799
You may able to answer few questions from inside of your vehicle.

Complete the following equations and convert the letters to the number they are in the alphabet, (i.e.: a-1, b-2 up to z-26)

A = How many clown fish in the mural
B = Sum of the value of the letters in who did paint mural?
C = (A + B)

Coordinates for Part 2: N42 44.(A x 430) W84 32. (A + 4.5)*C

So once we got the new coordinates, we went there. And so on. It finally led us to a small film canister stuck in a tree that had a list to write down your name and the date that you found it. It was a lot of fun and took some team work. It was also in Old Town, which is an awesome part of Lansing that is getting redone. There are a bunch of art galleries and interesting shops over there. Once we were done with the cache, we stopped in a few. We got a ton of comments on Vada, who was rocking an adorable pony tail and polka-dot onsie.

The busy day really took it out of her, and she was ready for bed at 7:30. She's been asleep in her crib now for about an hour (it's almost 9:30pm). I'll be hitting the hay here pretty soon, I need to catch up on my sleep!

Hopefully Chris will write an entry in here sometime, I'm sure you're all looking forward to hearing from him again (I know I am, I'd like to be able to READ an entry instead of always writing them, hehe!) That's it for me, hope you're all well! I'll be editing the new vlog tomorrow. It's going to be short, but we hope everyone will still like it! Love you all!

Just for giggles, here is Vada yesterday with her pony tail in, and her after we took it out. What a stinkin' cutie!





1 comment:

  1. Love the Mohawk look from taking the ponytail out! I agree, she is such a stinkin' cutie!
    Glad you had fun with the geocaching...maybe she'll sleep all night now that you've worn her out. :-)

    ReplyDelete