Monday, September 6, 2010

Sorry for not posting in such a long time, everyone! We went home from August 25th to the 30th. We "snuck" home a day early, with only my mom and Jessica knowing about it. Unfortunately, our car broke down at the Seney rest stop! My mom made it pretty far out to come help us, but we ended up getting help from an auto shop guy who was near us. Thankfully, the car was fixed up and we were back on the road. Big thanks to my mom and dad for helping us out with that, it was a huge relief to be able to get back into town!

Vada did great on the ride home. She would only fuss when she was hungry and needed a clean diaper (I'm also glad to say we went the whole trip using our cloth diapers, no 'sposies for us!). Once we got home, she was so upset and tired, but slept for SEVEN HOURS! That was a trend that followed the whole long weekend home, but has since returned to her normal 4-5 hour stretch with waking up every 2 hours after that.

We got to spend time with pretty much everyone we wanted. The party for her was great, we had a ton of people show up! I'm so happy that our family and friends were so excited to meet her! All the work that my mom did on the back yard really paid off, I heard so many compliments on how beautiful it looked. She really did an excellent job!

We got to spend some time at Chris' parents house, which was really nice. I love seeing the baby with her grandparents (both sets!). It was so sweet to see Addy interact with her, she was SO INTERESTED! One of the evenings we were home, we went down to Lower Harbor and took in the Seafood Fest. I had some amazing crab legs, and Chris ate pizza. Yep, he ate pizza at a seafood fest. hehe! Vada got to put her toes in the grass for the first time there. She did great!

There was also an evening spent at my dad's house. It was so nice to be able to spend time with him and Suzanne! They made us a delicious meal! But the big news about there is Vada let out her first real giggle in their living room! She has had laughs like that twice since then, one was today and she laughed for such a long time...at me. I'm not sure if I'm funny looking or something, hehe!

The ride home from the UP was HORRIBLE. A drive that usually takes 7 hours took us 12! She was so upset the entire time. I'm not quite sure what the problem was, but it might have been a stomach ache. It was a really stressful ride. But, we made it home and she slept for 8 hours straight!

Since we've been home, we haven't done much. We're spending a lot of time relaxing and laying low. Yesterday, however, we went out and did some shopping. We went to the mall in Okemos and bought Vada some fall clothes (long sleeved onsies, some pants, and a sweater). We also stopped by a store that has gently used baby stuff and bought her a a jumperoo! This is the one we got, for significantly cheaper! She should be ready to use it in a few weeks. I'm so excited to see her in it!

Well, that's all for now! Enjoy the new video, it's a long one! Also, mom, I had to do it (you'll see what I mean!) I love you all, miss you all, and hope you're all well!


No comments:

Post a Comment