Saturday, August 14, 2010

Big Post Full of Stuff

Hey everyone! So things have been pretty great over here. Today, Chris, Vada, and I went to the Great Lakes Folk Fest (that's a link, check it out!). It was so much fun! Vada was a total hit and we got stopped at least ten times by people telling us that she was adorable. There was a really sweet old man who was at the ukulele player's show (and there was a hula dancer, it was pretty incredible!) who told us that we have a "great looking baby". Next time we go out to something like this, Chris said he wants to film the people and how they react to Vada, we got tons of smiles and overheard a lot of "Aww, what a cute baby" and "Wow, look at that hair!" We got to wander around downtown East Lansing and listen to all kinds of music and see all kinds of amazing vendors. The theme this year for the vendors was recycling, so there were tons of things there that were made out of repurposed items. One thing that was pretty cool was this bud vase:


I also got a chance to really put my new moby wrap to the test. It was GREAT! She was so comfortable! She slept in it the first half of our visit and then I turned her to face outwards and she had a lot of fun looking at everything. We donated some money to the Bucket Brigade (wandering volunteers accepting donations for the GLFF), so she got a sticker saying that she helped out. You can see my moby wrap in this picture, too. She loved it so much! (Check out those chubby cheeks!)



Tomorrow, we're going to stay in and lay low, but Monday should be a pretty eventful day. Vada is going to the pediatricians and getting her first vaccine shots :( I'm not looking forward to that at all! Thankfully, Chris is starting his alternate work schedule next week, so he's going to be off from work on Monday and can go with me so that I don't have to drive us home crying. I know this is going to be much harder on me than it will be on Vada!

I'm multi-tasking right now and working on this week's video blog, so it should be up here by tomorrow night. And with that, I'll leave you with this picture of Vada passed out on her daddy's chest. I love you all and can't wait to see you all soon!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect family outing! I love the pic of Vada in the Moby. And your right, those cheeks are really getting pudgy. Good luck Monday, she'll be fine. You, however, may need a glass of wine after. LYL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it was tons o' fun! I love the bud vase idea too, nice! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete